1. Where are you located? Can I have an in person session?
I am online and in person for South Carolina residents at 1708 Hollydale Ct. Ste. B Johns Island, SC 29455. I am online exclusively to Oregon Residents.
2. What is the session fee? How frequent is therapy?
Check out my Rates and Insurance page. I recommend scheduling 1 session per week to start for therapy to be most successful. Is it is out of your range, ask as I sometimes have discounted slots for financial need.
3. Do you take insurance?
I take cash pay exclusively, which means paying with a credit or debit card. Once you pay the initial fee, I can provide you with a superbill for potential reimbursement by your insurace.
4. How many sessions does therapy take?
Statistically therapy takes around 12-15 sessions. However, some feel better quicker than 12, and others find new goals to continue on after 15 sessions.
5. What hours are you available to schedule therapy sessions?
Oregon Residents: 7am-5pm Pacific Monday-Friday
South Carolina Residents: 10am-8pm Eastern Monday-Friday
6. What will the first session be like?
It is a time for us to ask each other questions, with the focus on you, to set the stage for our work together. It is normal to come to therapy with expectations or emotions, and know I will be meeting you where you are.
7. Do you prescribe medications?
I do not. Psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, and doctors would be able to prescribe medications.
8. How do I know if you are the right therapist for me?
I am the right therapist for you if you are someone who takes responsibility for yourself and have a hunger to grow. And you like a balance of validation and challenge.
9. What types of therapy methods do you use?
Existential-Humanistic, Person-Centered, Gottman, Strengths-Based, Intercultural Communication, Feminist Theory, Queer Theory, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.